Peter Chappell understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.sicklecell.zone and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by mySite when you visit certain parts of my Site and/or when you use certain features of my Site. Details of the Cookies used by my Site are set out in Part 14, below; and|
|[“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;]|
- Information About Me
My Site is owned and operated by Peter Chappell, a sole clinic owner of Bowden House Totnes TQ9 7PW UK
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, OR I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of my Site, I may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data (please also see Part 14 on my and similar technologies
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests, life history, medical condition; related to my questionnaire and consultations
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to my site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on My Site;
- Supplying my services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring my services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email AND/OR post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by email request
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data with all ID information removed for research purposed.
You will not be sent any marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Third Parties including whose content appears on my Site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that I do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and I advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Your personal data – For one year later last contact from you. After that only research data will be held without ID information
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access my Site without providing any personal data at all.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding. If it is sent to an unencrypted email at your request I am not responsible for its security from that point on.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details Email address: email@example.com (encrypted).
Postal Address: Bowden House Totnes TQ9 7PW Devon UK